As said one of those days, if you expect a movie to come out for a year and more, you can't simply escort her with some simple salted crisps. Give her the special pat-pat-well-played that she deserves. So initially for that purpose, we made some crunchy popcorn mouthfuls covered with cheese. Today you stay in the the "crispiness territory" for some crispy crackers with a crust of mustard and poppy seeds. The idea arose when I decided to replace my favorite Doritos with something healthier. So...
Crispy crackers with a crust of mustard and poppy seeds
(make for 1 bowl)
:: 1 cup flour
:: 1 cup of frozen corn
:: Dijon Mustard (that with the mustard seeds)
:: poppy seeds
:: virgin olive oil
:: Salt, ground pepper, sweet paprika
1) Allow the corn to defrost and grind it in the blender. Then, mix flour with spices, add the corn porridge and knead until you have a dough ball ready for molding.
2) With a rolling pin roll a very thin sheet of dough, 2-3 mm preferably. Do not forget to sprinkle the kitchen counter and the surface of the dough with flour, so that the dough doesn't stick.
3) Mix the oil with a teaspoon of Dijon mustard and a sharp teaspoon of poppy seeds and with a silicone brush spread the mixture over the dough sheet.
4) Take the biggest baking pan you have, place a baking sheet on and carefully lift and place the dough sheet on it. Bake at 200 °C for 15 minutes (but check often, so that it won't burn on the edges). When you get a golden-brown color, it's ready. Let it cool down and break it into pieces.
5) Serve with a red hot sauce or with a corn sauce (corn porridge, salt, pepper, tabasco, olive oil and a little lemon).
I hope that they will keep you a good (and crunchy) company in your next movie!